View Australian Notices to Mariners 2020
- Other Notices
- British Admiralty Notices
- Important Related Information
- Dumping Ground Information
- Hydrographic Note
- AusTides Updates
- Mariners Handbook for Australian Waters
Editions of Australian Notices to Mariners are PDF files that are best viewed with at least version 11 of Adobe Acrobat Reader. If you do not presently have this reader installed it can be downloaded from Adobe.
Wherever you see the symbol appear within a notice to mariners, double clicking upon the symbol will reveal further information in note form.
It is important that tracings and blocks are printed at the correct size so that they will ‘fit’ the corresponding chart. To ensure correct fit, mariners should note the following:
- Some printer settings may distort the size of the tracing or block being printed. Tracings and blocks should be printed at 100% size. Any printer setting that implies the size or scale of the image will be changed (such as ‘fit to’, ‘reduce to’, ‘shrink’ or ‘expand’) should not be selected.
- Editions of Australian Notices to Mariners are ‘pdf’ files that are best viewed with the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- When printing blocks and tracings using Adobe Acrobat Reader, ensure that the ‘Page Scaling’ setting is changed to ‘None’.
- Blocks published from Notices to Mariners Edition 16/2008 (15 August 2008 onwards) have block dimensions written on them. Mariners can therefore check the printed size of these blocks with a ruler.
- The appropriate check of print accuracy is how well the printed block or tracing fits the corresponding chart. For tracings this is a matter of how well the static information and graticule lines drawn on the tracing matches the corresponding underlying chart. For blocks it is a matter of how well the information at the edges of the block match up with the corresponding underlying chart for example, do the contours meet?
- Variations in size of up to 1 mm can be expected. Mariners should also note that tracings should only be used as a guide when applying Notices to Mariners updates.
- Mariners experiencing difficulties with printing blocks and tracings to correct size should contact the AHO Notices to Mariners department.
|Edition 6 - NTMs 221 - 264|
|Edition 5 - NTMs 185 - 220|
|Edition 4 - NTMs 128 - 184|
|Edition 3 - NTMs 83 - 127|
|Edition 2 - NTMs 46 - 82|
|Edition 1 - NTMs 1 - 45|
- Australian National Tide Tables (AHP 11)
- Australian Chart & Publication Maintenance Handbook (AHP 24) (4th Edition) - Free Download
- Mariner's Handbook for Australian Waters (AHP 20) (5th Edition)
- AusTides Updates
- Please see supplement list above.