Australian Chart and Publication Maintenance Handbook 4th Edition (AHP24)
National and international regulations governing international and many other commercial vessels all require up to date nautical charts and publications.
The Australian Chart and Publication Maintenance Handbook provides information to assist mariners to keep their paper and electronic nautical charts and publications up to date, as well as to keep appropriate maintenance records. By using this book, mariners should be able to meet their obligations to both undertake and demonstrate that their nautical charts and publications are being kept up to date.
The publication includes:
- Details of Australian Hydrographic Office products and services
- Guide to Australian Notices to Mariners
- Symbols unique to Australian paper nautical charts
- Quick visual reference to common symbols found on charts
- Guide to read and use tracings to correct a paper chart
- Guide to updating nautical publications
- Examples of how to use log sheets to track the update status of charts and publications
- Guide to understanding the difference between Electronic Chart Display & Information Systems (ECDIS) and Electronic Chart Systems (ECS)
- Guide to the Australian Electronic Navigation Chart Service (AusENC)
Purchase / Download
The Australian Chart and Publication Maintenance Handbook is available as a free download.
Chart Correction Log templates may also be downloaded in a choice of formats:
The Australian Chart and Publication Maintenance Handbook is updated via periodic new editions. Mariners will be notified via Notices to Mariners or the eNotices email service if a new edition is released.
The current edition is Edition 4.